As the end of year approachoes many Clergy elders will be renewing their Certificate of Authority to Solemnize Marriage (CRASM); we are reminded of the requirement for registration as per Administrative Order No. 1, Series of 2007. Knowing these requirements will facilitate your application for registration of your Authority to Solemnize Marriage.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF SOLEMNIZING OFFICERS
From: Administrative Order No. 1, Series of 2007.
7.4 Requirements for Registration
The SOs whose religion or religious sect are deemed operating in the Philippines and in good repute are required to register their authority to solemnize marriage with the CRG Article 3 of the Family Code shall comply with the following:
- Accomplished application form (OCRG-SO Form No. !) in triplicate copies, subscribe and sworn under oath to before a person authorized to administer oath with affixed documentary stamp;
- Three copies of colored ID pictures (2X2) with white background taken not more than a month ago from the date of application. Pictures should not be computer generated to preserve its quality. In cases the person is using glasses, it should be removed to have a clear image of the person. The back of the ID picture should contain the signature of the applicant;
- A machine copy of appointment as priest, head, founder, bishop, pastor and minister of the religion or religious sect;
- Proper endorsement/designation/recommendation from the head of religion or religious sect to mention: the full name, nationality, complete address, location of the church, temple or mosque where the applicant regularly perform rites and indicate the extent of his territorial jurisdiction;
- Proof of attendance in an orientation seminar conducted by NSO for SOs;
- Certified True Copy of Certificate of Live Birth;
- I-Card issued by the Commission Immigration and Deportation (CID), in case trhe applicant is a citizen of a foreign country;
- Certified True Copy of Certificate of Ordination issued by his/her respective church;
- Payment of registration fee;
- Certificate of Registration, Articles of Incorporations and by-laws, and updated General Information Sheet (G.I.S.) certified by the Head of the Religion or religious sect.
For Heads/Bishop/Presidents/Founders, the following requirements are required in addition to requirement 7.4.a ton 7.4i above:
- Endorsement or recommendation from the Board of Trustees/Directors or Church Council.
- In case there are no Board of Trustees/Directors, the head/bishop/president/founder of the religion/religious sect shall submit a sworn statement duly notarized.
- Sworn statement containing brief history of the religion/religious sect and the list of 200 bona fide active members stating therein there complete address and signed by the members.
- A certified Certificate of Registration, Articles of Incorporation and by-laws, and updated General Information Sheet (G.I.S.) issued by the Security Exchange Commission (SEC).
Additional requirements which N.S.O. office sometimes requires to be submitted for new applicants includes the following:
1. Birth Certificate of the applicant (N.S.O. Certified);
2. If married women clergy, Marriage Certificate (N.S.O. Certified)